Turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Well it has been a coupel weeks since I got my leath and been haveing a balllll.Here a few shots of what I have been turning.

Image Insert:
20047242654_Turnings.jpg

22.84KB
The pen Displays hold 10 pens each. The egg shaped things are Kal-Eggscopes. So what you think good bad or what ever.:)
Just Charlie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Let me add my appreciation as well. Looks like you've dedicated quite a few hours to your turning and should be proud of the results. Remind me again, please, are you intending to get into selling your pens? I just was wondering because of the two stands.

YoYoSpin

Charlie, very well done. You'll find lots of uses for those pen Lazy Susans. Fountain pen collectors really seem to like them, as well as retailers who will be selling your pens...very attractive, functional and they don't take up much counter space.

BTW guys and gals...there will be a Lazy Susan display how-to article in issue # 4 or Woodturning Design magazine late this year.

WOW Charlie, you did wonderful! Where did you get your information on making the susans? I guess I have been so wrapped up in pens I haven't tried any other things. I need to know what type of chuck I need to turn those holders and bowls on my Jet.

YoYoSpin

Not sure how Charlie did it, but here's how I make Lazy Susan parts: 1st, you'll need a screw-chuck like this: http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=155-9440 . Then it's just a matter of band-sawing a 7-10" round from your favorite wood, drilling a 1/4" hole in the center, mounting the piece on your screw-chuck, and turn a pleasing shape. Be sure to tighten the wood blank all the way down on the chuck so it has maximum support from the rear.

BTW, all of the Nova scroll-chucks come with a “worm-screw†that can be set up in the same configuration as the Craft Supplies screw-chuck.

The 3" Lazy Susan hardware can be purchased from a number of sources for about a buck: http://www.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/...alse&mscssid=979B43FE12404D07B9C587F1B534AFAC

pensue_5a.jpg

tipusnr

OK, that's it. Now I GOT to make one too!! Projects number #$*@ on the "to do at the lathe" list. I've never before awaited cold weather so I could leave the yard and golf course and work in the basement but this might be it.

Hi ALL,
So many kind words it sure makes me feel good that so many like my work. Well let me see if I can answer all the questions.Ed D.& Tip yes I do think I will try to sell pens & sets, Pens & Pencils are $ 30.00 & $ 35.00 each, a matched set is $ 60.00,I think that is not to bad.
Bev They were turned on a 4" face plate, and I had saw them on another net.Ed D. Just have to say that you have done a most butiful job on the lazy susens,is the one on the right Blood Wood.? Again thanks to all.
Just Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom