Turning Time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I saw the the kits that KLOCKIT had on sale so I ordered three of them but did not like the watch bodies that they came with, they were very plain and had some chipping by the stem hole. So I decided to make my own, the wood is Mesquite burl, the Acrylic is Alumilite with pearl powder. They are very easy to do, I did all three in about 4 1/2 hours including casting the Mesquite.
Comments Welcome, and Thanks for Looking. :biggrin:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Turning Time 1.jpg
    Turning Time 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 695
  • Turning Time 3.jpg
    Turning Time 3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 698
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Very nice. I have a half dozen kits and have not finished them as of yet. I should get them finished, yours look great and that is an incentive for me. Thanks.

t001xa22

Max, your watches are beautiful. I tried my hand at them a while back, starting with oak, but finally landed on bocote wood. I was using a regular chain kit, but did some looking around. I found some small decorative drop ring hangers like they use for hanging documents on a wall. Later, I found in places like Jo-Ann Fabrics and Walmart in the fabrics section that they have drop ring hangers like this in other finishes like smoked/antique brass. I thought the add of this kind of coupling made it look more like an old-time watch. The last two pics are of another bocote watch using the standard chain kit.

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

The one in the middle is fast, the one on the right is slow and the one on the left is just right.

Very cool. I like all three.

D.Oliver

Maybe I'm just ignoramus, but what is the fourth hand for? Hours, minutes, seconds and ????

t001xa22

Grampy, I just thought that particular watch face seemed to belong to that type of case. There are other faces I want to try in the future, including one that fits these size cases that is luminous. For a selective group of folks, these watches seem to sell well.

Top Bottom