Turning a Custom Finial Video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Awhile ago, I started a thread with pics on how I turn a custom finial insert for rollerball / fountain pens.

I needed to do one yesterday so I decided to video it.

If you've wanted to do one but didn't know how, you can check it out.

I know the video isn't that great quality - it's my first attempt - but hopefully someone finds the information useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZJ4_Hd-7do

If you can't link to it, just search youtube for 'turning a custom pen finial'

I know other folks go about it differently. Feel free to offer your own tips and procedure if you'd like...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Excellent video Dan!

After you did the tutorial/thread, a member in the Ohio Chapter (Argo13) did a demo (referencing your instructions).

At that time this was on my list of "to learns." Now I regularly include custom finials and really like the appearance.

Well done.

Dan Masshardt

Excellent video Dan! After you did the tutorial/thread, a member in the Ohio Chapter (Argo13) did a demo (referencing your instructions). At that time this was on my list of "to learns." Now I regularly include custom finials and really like the appearance. Well done.

I remember you saying that now but had forgotten about it. I'm glad it's been helpful.

Dan Masshardt

Very nicely done. You kept it short, simple and to the point. So of these videos can be fairly boring with more talking than doing.

I was just thinking that earlier. Some videos are good but so long.

I cut out sanding and finish which would have added 3 or more boring minutes.

JimB

Great video Dan. I like the fact that you didn't fill it with nonsense. I've never done what you demonstrated but now I know how to do it. Thanks for sharing.

OZturner

Excellent Video, Dan.
Precise, Concise, and Informative.
Love your Workshop, so much room! and your recently purchased Dental Work Light looks very Professional, "Open Wide This won't Hurt a Bit"
Great Work,
Brian.

Top Bottom