Turned my first pen today...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ScoJo

I'm a new pen turner now - what fun!

Quick question - is there an issue or something with the cigar pen kit from Woodcraft, or did I do something wrong? The pen comes to a hard stop when it opens, but when it closes, it does not. It can go "past" closed, where it opens again partially. Seems wrong.

Thanks,
Scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
is it possible that one of the tubes got shortened just a little and the refill is bottoming_out when open ? Is there any chance of taking a very clos, and in-focus (macro setting on camera. usually a little flower symbol) of the nib/refill when ""all-out"" ??

By the way, a big CONGRATS on completing Pen#1 .. hang on it it, it will be inspiration for future pens ..

ScoJo

It is a double twist mechanism. For some reason it started working okay after a day or so of use. Something to do with the transmission? Don't know.

bad

You might have gotten some dirt or sawdust into the mechanism. Sounds like it just worked itself out. Welcome and congrats on your first pen. I made my first pen about this time last year. It turned out ok so I gave it to my mother for Christmas. She's in a nursing home and has hearing problems so she can't use the phone. She uses it to write me a letter every month or so.

Top Bottom