Turkey call ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

This is a call I made today. I have been spending a lot of time in the shop, I have a sick daughter. So this was my shop time for today. It is Cocobolo and the striker is as well. I am having to get a breather from all pens for a couple of weeks now. The only thing I don't like about this call is the glue that came out around the glass on the inside. It is a glass over slate call. Comments welcome. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2396.jpg
    IMG_2396.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2398.jpg
    IMG_2398.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 120
That is very nice. I have been reading some at a call makers forum and hope to make a few before spring turkey season for some friends to try out in the field.

DavePowers

You might try putting the glue on the glass first them press it into the call with a little twist, take the glass out and clean off excess then clamp/put weight on glass and finish however you finish your calls.

You might try a syringe that they give children oral medicine with to control the amount of glue better.

Dave

p.s. Nice looking call how does it sound?

Russell Eaton

Dave thanks for the tip. I think I will try to put the glue on the glass. I thought of that later. The glue that is normally used is NOT going into syringe. It is very very thick. They call it plumbers goo for a reason. I have not tried to tune the call yet, but the last one I made sounded pretty darn good. Thanks for the comment. Russell

Top Bottom