Trying Abalone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

My first time trying an Abalone shell blank. I think it turned out great. My wife decided she had to have it, but it has to go into the Christmas inventory. So my poor wife will have to make do with the Cebloplast Jr Majestic I gave her a week ago.

I got the blank from Exotic and then ordered a few more. It really is a lovely thing... I can't imagine the work that went into cutting and gluing the shell material to the tubes, and to do it in the correct order so that the pattern matches around the pen... Just amazing.

Attachments

• P1011855.jpg
    P1011855.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 258
  • P1011856.jpg
    P1011856.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 165
  • P1011859.jpg
    P1011859.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 158
  • P1011861.jpg
    P1011861.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 237
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Another beautiful pen Eric! And.. I love your photography (although, not to nit nic, these are a bit dark - I suspect it looks better in person!). :tongue:

Very nice!

Sandsini

Another beautiful pen Eric! And.. I love your photography (although, not to nit nic, these are a bit dark - I suspect it looks better in person!). :tongue:

Very nice!

Yes, I agree... Too dark. Same light box, same lights, same camera settings... New house. I think the ambient lighting at the old place contributed more than I thought. I need brighter bulbs!

Marko50

Wowsers!

Eric, you best put another "notch" on your trophy case for this one! Great looking pen, and another outstanding turning.:wink:

Kaurikid

Very nice pen indeed, well done sir. I've done some abalone inlay on a couple of pens so I can appreciate the work that goes into such a blank.

I think you're right the photos do need an extra bulb.

Regards, Steve

Top Bottom