Trying a new style

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darrin

Darrin

I've stepped out of the Euro style and gave the Sierra EB a try. Very nice and easy to turn!

Attachments

• Newstylepens.jpg
    Newstylepens.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BruceA

Nice - !

Darrin,
Thanks for sharing your photo - those look like the Berea Hardwoods version of the Elegant Beauty, with the Sierra-tube size.

That kit is a great addition to the Sierra-style pen kits, and is fully compatible with the exact tube used on the Sierras.

Are those amboyna burl and bocote blanks you used?

bitshird

I sure am glad Aaron is getting the real elegant beautys back in stock, the sierras are OK and yours look very nice, I like the Idea of thicker wood around the tube, I've done some of both but I like the twist finial, haven't had any body unscrew the tranny and not be able to get it back together, that's my only complaint about a sierra, they are great looking pens, your look real good beautiful wood nice finish

Darrin

Nice eye Bruce. I scored a huge blank of amboyna burl and have been slicing it off ever so carefully ;). And yes to the Bocote too! Thanks Bitshird. I am new to pen making and have only ever used Berea. I may step out of the loop and try other distributors as time and $$ permit.

Last edited:

workinforwood

They look great! I stopped with sierra's long ago too, because people would untwist them and the tranny would get stuck up top and then I'd have to track them down to fix it and explain how to re-fill it over again.

Top Bottom