Truestone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

People on that ridiculous Funny Book page sitessssssssssssss have been claiming that the price of Truestone will be going up due to manufacturing things. The people here in the know, is there any truth to this and if you do not know is there a way to find out???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

John, the manufacturer is RT Research in Tempe , AZ. Their phone number is (408) 894-0812. They used to sell this material in block: whole, half and quarter. The whole block was about 15 lbs. Check their website for the many varieties available.

plantman

RT Research has over 65 colors of True Stone in quite a few sizes and shapes. They range from about 5 to 20 pounds and sell for $15 a pound. They also sell other items made from their products. They have several websites, but you need to look at them all to get the answers you may want. Some have color samples and no prices, another has a price but no color samples. Both list different size blocks from one another. One is a store where they sell finished items. It's all there, you just have to do a little searching to get it all. Jim S

SDB777

I was one of the first to reply to the FunnyBook page where that was claimed...

I sort of consider anything there to be 99% rumor, 1% made up. Sounded more like the stories behind the 90's 'primer scare', where there was supposed to be a shortage of primers due to the government making the producers manufacture 'shelf life' into them(which was completely bogus)....so everyone did a panic and purchased everything they could hoard!

Prices went through the roof, 'supply-n-demand'......

Scott (start a scare, people will hoard) B

jttheclockman

I was one of the first to reply to the FunnyBook page where that was claimed...

I sort of consider anything there to be 99% rumor, 1% made up. Sounded more like the stories behind the 90's 'primer scare', where there was supposed to be a shortage of primers due to the government making the producers manufacture 'shelf life' into them(which was completely bogus)....so everyone did a panic and purchased everything they could hoard!

Prices went through the roof, 'supply-n-demand'......

Scott (start a scare, people will hoard) B

This is my point exactly. Tru-stone is some of the nicest material we pen turners have to work with. It makes for some very classy pens that mixing and casting colored acrylics just can not duplicate.

KenV

One can do some filtering based on the source too -- I read that post. The source is a designer who works for Penn State Industries and often shares peeks at what is coming from PSI. He turns pens along with the rest of us too.

His information sources are probably better than average odds of being correct.

The info as I remember was that one of the key components from Germany is subject to a very large price increase due to increased regulatory requirements.

As always -- If you were on the line about ordering -- might be a tipping point. I am not especially interested in increasing the cache -

Top Bottom