TRU razors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
Made a dozen razors from trustone (8 pictured cause 4 were duplicate colors) for a custom Christmas order for a family member. I think trustone makes these just the right weight and feel.

The great thing about these is the trustone I get from exotics is just long enough for 2 razors. That helps keep the cost down.

image-2864919511.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Dean!!

I think that is a BRILLIANT use for tru-stone!! I have always worried about the effects of hot water running over the handle of a wood razor. Tru-stone will certainly NOT be affected by the water.

And, they LOOK GREAT!!

Good choices.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
nice collection! I wondered about the weight, since TruStone is heavy,
but you'd really want a bit of extra for a razor anyway.
I want to see one in Mexican Agate!

Haynie

You turned a dozen trustones and I can be successful with 1. I got a LOT of practice to do.

Those are cool.

alphageek

Former Moderator
nice collection! I wondered about the weight, since TruStone is heavy,
but you'd really want a bit of extra for a razor anyway.
I want to see one in Mexican Agate!

Hmm... I agree... I went and looked.. I don't have the mexican agate - something to add to my next order!

As for the heavy... Its part of my sales pitch... I tell people that once they use a nice heavy handled razor they will never be able to use a cheap lightweight plastic handle again (and I believe it!).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Although Mexican Agate comes from the makers of tru-stone, it is actually not a stone, it is a resin. (Just FWIW)

Parson

My concern is that trustone can crack or chip if dropped, and razors are kept in a "hard" environment (tile floors, etc)

But I like yours anyway!!!

Tell me, are you able to get a high shine on the malachite now? The new batches of it don't seem to shine up like the old batches...

wiset1

Really love these! You can't match the effect of a good Tru-Stone and Ed and Dawn are great at keeping us happy.

alphageek

Former Moderator
My concern is that trustone can crack or chip if dropped, and razors are kept in a "hard" environment (tile floors, etc)

But I like yours anyway!!!

Tell me, are you able to get a high shine on the malachite now? The new batches of it don't seem to shine up like the old batches...

I'm not too worried about them cracking... It is possible, but so is damage to any of our products. Its relatively thick.

As for the green - I don't know.. I just sold my malachite pen, but I made that a while ago. The green in this picture isn't the malachite, its the Chrysocolla Banded. The greens aren't as dark as the malachite, but pretty too (I still prefer the malachite, so I'll have to watch for the shine issue on the next one I make).

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very Nice!
Made my first one last week! its for my dad for christmas

I'm sure he will love it. Mine were commissioned by an Aunt for her kids and spouses. I'm hoping that my cousins appreciate them. She picked the colors out from the raw blanks... As soon as I find appropriate sized gift boxes for them, I'll be delivering them to her for inspection.

Top Bottom