Trouble withExecutive Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rebel1

I turned my first Executive pencil today but can't get it together. Went by directions but the cap want go all the way in.The directions say to put the centering plug in first and then the clip/coupler. I think the centering plug only goes in as far as the clip can push it. When you go to put the cap on it hits the centering plug and stops about a 1/4 inch from going all the way in. If anyone has turned one of these and can give me more info It would be aptreciated. Thanks Rebel1:laugh:

Tom T

A picture would help some of the other guys can help. Not sure I can help, but with the power of the IAP no problem.

panamag8or

I turned my first Executive pencil today but can't get it together. Went by directions but the cap want go all the way in.The directions say to put the centering plug in first and then the clip/coupler. I think the centering plug only goes in as far as the clip can push it. When you go to put the cap on it hits the centering plug and stops about a 1/4 inch from going all the way in. If anyone has turned one of these and can give me more info It would be aptreciated. Thanks Rebel1:laugh:

I had that same problem, and pressed the cap to it's normal position, which pushed the centering plug down, enough for the cap to fit.

My other problem was, the cap tube wouldn't grab the pencil mechanism... it just spun freely. I had to tap the tube to get it slightly out of round, and that worked, but not perfectly. I guess I'll have to paint some CA "knobs" on the mech, to give the cap tube something to grab on to.

PAbernathy

Are you sure your brass tube is not bent at the ends?

My problem with the Executive Kit was the bushings. When I calipered them they were less than the nib of the pen kit. You really have to keep the blank material proud of the bushing to make a nice transition. Maybe my bushings are a bit off...

But mine was the pen kit...not pencil so maybe it's different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom