Triton question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

omb76

I got my first Triton rollerball today and was checking out the pieces and the center band assembly rings seems to be a really tight fit. I would have to force the decorative band down around the base as well as the other trim ring. Is this normal? I don't want to take a chance on cracking anything. Seems the only way to get it together would be as it is being pressed together when assembling the pen.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, it is normal.

I made a "jig", if you can call it that. Drill a hole in a piece of wood, just big enough for the center "post", if you will, to go through, so it hits the centerband and drives it down.

"Preassemble" before assembling the pen. Otherwise you will be using the material on your tube (the pen material) as a "ram"--not a good idea---crack!

omb76

Yes, it is normal.

I made a "jig", if you can call it that. Drill a hole in a piece of wood, just big enough for the center "post", if you will, to go through, so it hits the centerband and drives it down.

"Preassemble" before assembling the pen. Otherwise you will be using the material on your tube (the pen material) as a "ram"--not a good idea---crack!

Thanks Ed. I kinda figured that was the case, just wanted to make sure before I "forced" an issue and later regretted it.

As you can see, I got my order today... Thanks for the super fast shipping!! (and freebie!)

Top Bottom