Triton Powered Respirator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

badwin

I have been doing some research about the Triton Powered Respirator including searching the forum here. (Approx. $250.00 here in Canada.) Sounds excellent. My biggest concern though is how long do the batteries last before you have to replace them. I think about my cordless drills which usually give me 3-5 years if your careful with the charging.
Thanks
Brian

beathard

There is a good review at: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/tritonrespirator.htm

The thing I noticed about the batteries is "you can't just buy another set of NiCad's for it, you must buy the battery pack for around $80 which includes not only the batteries but also the whole motor assembly."

Amazon.com has it starting at $189. Might be available elsewhere cheaper?

Draken

Two of the batteries are easy to get to for replacing. The other three are inside the motor housing shell, and I haven't yet figured out how to get into it without breaking anything. Seems to be attached where the on/off switch is. Not sure if I can just pop off the bezel around the switch or not. Someone on here posted what batteries are needed for replacements, but didn't mention how to get to the dang things.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom