Triton Pen Tip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

A few weeks ago I was turning a Triton Roller ball pen. By mistake, I grabbed a 10.5mm Jr. Statesman tube and turned it. When I put the pen together it was obvious the roller ball refill came up way to short.
After trying to bend the spring that did not work, I came up with a simple solution. I too the tip off the refill and cut about 7mm off the tip. I then inserted it into the end cap with the close end toward the pen assembly. Problem solved. Also a photo on the insert.

I like it so much, I now use it on the majority of my Triton pens.

Here is a photo showing the difference. The pen on the left is a normal Triton. The pen on the right is one using wood from the USS California with the insert.

One a side note, I am looking for suggestions on how to finish the pen so my customers can feel the teak wood and try and keep the finished look without using CA; Any ideas?

Attachments

• triton extension.jpg
    triton extension.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

randywa

A couple of years ago, I made some from the USS North Carolina. I just put a little teak oil on them and left them for about a week, wiped the excess oil off, and put a few coats of neutral shoe polish on. I thought anyone military would appreciate the shoe polish.

Top Bottom