Triton Convertible in Silver/Gray Inlace Acrylester

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

I used to hate this material and time has changed that to near affection. Improved sharpening skills for HSS, better turning skills, more patience and yes a fresh surface on a 2" radius carbide tool have all made the difference. I know we have been advised to NOT use carbide on inlace, but the long smooth ribbons say keep doing it. Your mileage may vary so do what works for you.

Attachments

• 52344623-DCD8-4515-915E-49651F29CE22.jpeg
    52344623-DCD8-4515-915E-49651F29CE22.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
A beautiful pen Mark. Yes, we all need to get better at using what we have. Many ways to pet a cat (I like cats).

campzeke

I know we have been advised to NOT use carbide on inlace, but the long smooth ribbons say keep doing it.

I use carbide on Inlace all the time with no problems. Spin it fast and keep the cuts light and easy. Love the ribbons.

Beautiful pen !!

mmayo

Yes in silver Testor's. I paint the tube and the inside of the blank, wait 24 hours to dry and glue up with 5 minute epoxy.

DrD

I used to hate this material and time has changed that to near affection. Improved sharpening skills for HSS, better turning skills, more patience and yes a fresh surface on a 2" radius carbide tool have all made the difference. I know we have been advised to NOT use carbide on inlace, but the long smooth ribbons say keep doing it. Your mileage may vary so do what works for you.

Really nice job of turning. Very sharp.

Top Bottom