Triplet Twins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mr Vic

Mr Vic

Finally got them done. The original set was simple maple with the applique. The owner gave them away. He asked for three new sets for himself and his two sons. In generosity I offered to improve them and add the colors for the "Vietnam Service Ribbon". The emblems are the the Air Force Units he served with in Vietnam. Well.....open mouth, insert foot, bend over an take a good swift kick in the behind.

The ribbons are seven layers of dyed laminaton. Don't try this at home...it's a pain to turn...I tried spray adhesive and got the first four done...the last two looked terrible so I rebuild the blanks from scratch and used CA for the lamination. Work much better.

Gotta get them in the mail to Nebraska tommorrow and hope they make it by Saturday.

Comments/suggestions welcome....

And Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Attachments

• Trio 4 Terry.jpg
    Trio 4 Terry.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 264
  • Close up set Terry.jpg
    Close up set Terry.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Leason learned: Spray adhesive has no torsional strength. I used it to glue the laminate in long strips and cut to length for the blanks. The chip out, although repairable, made the last blanks ugly. I built two more gluing 1" squares up with CA. Worked great. The easiest way may not always be the best way.

Thanks for the accolades! Now of to fight the crowd at the Post Office...

Top Bottom