Triple start,hidden clip & custom nib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I wanted to try out the new tap & Die set that I got from Mike Redburn. Thanks Mike! So, I started out with a blank I got from Neil (wolftat). Thanks Neil! I kind of cut the blank a little short but, it works.:wink: Then I turned a piece of aluminum into a nib. Next, I needed a cap. I had a clip from a Statesman (I think) and, there was a cut off blank laying on the bench that, was already round:biggrin: so, I used that for the cap. It too, is a little short.:beat-up: But, this is just another practice pen anyway. Still in the learning curve but, making progress.:wink: Want to say THANKS to Mike Roux (bluwolf) for the help getting started in this kitless turning and, thanks to George (Texatdurango) for his tutorial that helped me understand more of another way to make a pen. Whacha think? Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Chuck,
Looking goooood. I like the shape of it. What refill did you make it around? Now that you have this one done, it's off to the races. One of these days we all need to get together.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:biggrin:We all have to start somewhere. Looks like your off to a good start.:biggrin:

IPD_Mr

Well done. I am not totally fond of the nib shape, but that is a personal thing. I think it is because of where I hold a pen, my hand would slide down to the tip. The hidden clip is great. I have yet to try that. The threads look great in the photo. I would say for your first one you are above the curve.

Now I wanna see photos of the Camino! :biggrin:

bluwolf

Way to go Chuck!

Nice color combination too. Not bad for stuff you had layin' around, huh? Pretty slick job with the hidden clip too.

Mike

jasontg99

Chuck,

While not a fan of the shape, I think the transition between the cap and body is far too clunky, the kitless aspects are perfect. The clip is seemless, the threads are clean, and the nib is great. I wish I was at your skill level!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You Da Man Chuck!!! Is it a rollerball as well??
Thanks Ernie. It's a Private Reserve easyFlow 9000 M

Chuck,
Looking goooood. I like the shape of it. What refill did you make it around? Now that you have this one done, it's off to the races. One of these days we all need to get together.
Thanks Cris. easyFlow 9000M We'll get together soon. I'm looking forward to it.

:biggrin:We all have to start somewhere. Looks like your off to a good start.:biggrin:
Thanks Mike. Yes, at least I've finally started.:redface:

Looks great Chuck!
Thanks Hans, the pen I received from you in the swap helped me along as well.

Well done. I am not totally fond of the nib shape, but that is a personal thing. I think it is because of where I hold a pen, my hand would slide down to the tip. The hidden clip is great. I have yet to try that. The threads look great in the photo. I would say for your first one you are above the curve.

Thanks Mike. I kind of quit on the nib too soon. I'm not crazy about the shape either. Next one will have a rim I think and, not be so fat. The Camino will get taped up tomorrow then, painted Friday. Pictures in a few days.

Yea Chuck, I know you've been slaving away wet sanding that beast. I can always be bribed to come down and paint it for ya:biggrin:.
Sorry Ernie, I can't wait for you to get here:confused: But, you don't need a reason to come down. Just get behind the wheel and, head south on 75:biggrin:
Very sweet Chuck, great job heading into the kitless rhealm.

Way to go Chuck!

Nice color combination too. Not bad for stuff you had layin' around, huh? Pretty slick job with the hidden clip too.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I got some good instructions. Even remembered some of them:biggrin:

Chuck,

While not a fan of the shape, I think the transition between the cap and body is far too clunky, the kitless aspects are perfect. The clip is seemless, the threads are clean, and the nib is great. I wish I was at your skill level!
Thanks Jason, I agree the cap is a bit too bulky for my taste. You won't see me post another one like this one.

Old Lar

I'm getting close to trying one of those myself and am getting more motivated with each new posting.
Great job for the first!

Top Bottom