Tried something different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

Playing around with different ideas for .308 bullet pens today.

Wanted to make a top by using 2 cases but using a Euro clip and finial.

Wasn't that keen on a Euro finial straight on the primer end, so decided to turn a bit off the primer end to match the diameter of the Euro clip and finial.

I think it came up quite well, particularly like the way the finial and the nib match in colour, what do others think?

IMG_5441.JPG

IMG_5442.JPG

IMG_5443.JPG

Bottom part is a 308B kit, blank is my Khaki one and Euro clip and finial are Bright Copper.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Freethinker

Excellent idea, I'd say. Very nice looking pen. I'll have to try one like that. (dang....now I have to order some copper Euro kits)

I have had problems getting perfectly matching diameters of finials with 30.06 casings.

This does the trick of making them match, and the use of the copper fittings up top works very well indeed.

BigShed

Thanks Dan, the same idea can of course be applied to a 30-06 as they are the same diameter as the 308.

This actually came about as I was trying to bore out the primer end of a 308 to take the thickness of a Euro Rifle clip (about 1.8mm). I didn't think I would get away with it, and I didn't! The end came off and I was left with what you see above.

That's when I came up with this idea.

Always nice to try out new ideas and experiment.

I think you are absolutely right about the kits not measuring up. I made a few of them and put them out to another gun guy and he also didn't think they measured up. The biggest complaint I got was for the lever action pocket clip on a 30-06 bullet!

Top Bottom