Tried my had at diamonds today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dogrunner

dogrunner

Every since I saw the diamond pen I wanted to try and figure out how it was done . I had a rain day today so I gave it a try.
IMG_20191003_171012163.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Is that a CA finish? If so how many applications? Your finish is really nice; it is a fitting complement to your segmentation work. Spot on!

Dale Parrott

So, If this was your "give it a try" result I can't imagine what it would look like after you have it mastered. Fantastic job, and I'm saying that as someone who was also "trying diamonds"in the shop today. I thought mine turned out pretty well although much simpler than yours. Thinking about giving it "another try" before posting a picture. Again GREAT JOB!

dogrunner

So, If this was your "give it a try" result I can't imagine what it would look like after you have it mastered. Fantastic job, and I'm saying that as someone who was also "trying diamonds"in the shop today. I thought mine turned out pretty well although much simpler than yours. Thinking about giving it "another try" before posting a picture. Again GREAT JOB!
Thanks

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Yoda would be proud: "Do or do not, there is no try."

You did not just "try," you nailed it. (and based on your previous works, I am not surprised). I believe your day is done! That is an excellent job of segmenting.

Is it a 4-corner? I suspect it is. Alignment is great, placement on the tube is excellent, no taper to the maple, end caps are equal dimension... all boxes are checked! Awesome artistry!

I am really enjoying seeing these.

dogrunner

Yoda would be proud: "Do or do not, there is no try."

You did not just "try," you nailed it. (and based on your previous works, I am not surprised). I believe your day is done! That is an excellent job of segmenting.

Is it a 4-corner? I suspect it is. Alignment is great, placement on the tube is excellent, no taper to the maple, end caps are equal dimension... all boxes are checked! Awesome artistry!

I am really enjoying seeing these.
Thanks mark Yes it's a 4 corner. I saw yours and was dying to try it.this is the first pen IV made in over a year

Top Bottom