Triangle Tea Light Attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

After a week of outdoor work and activities I finally got a few hours in my shop this afternoon .
This was my first attempt at turning a triangle tea light with the instructions supplied by Bob Hamilton . Bob has dozens of tutorials and videos on those two boards in my Woodworking Friends site so I reviewed his videos on this particular project from his recently updated five stage video group on it and then headed out to my shop to give it a whirl while it was fresh in my memory.
It went pretty well and I learned a lot on this one . I will surely be making a bunch more and like any other turning , the first one always has a learning curve in spite of reviewing the excellent videos on it.
Comments welcome as usual.

TriangleTeaLight1.jpg

TriangleTeaLight2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

William, that is beautiful. Are the instructions available for anybody? I'm getting into making tea light and votive holders.

W.Y.

William, that is beautiful. Are the instructions available for anybody? I'm getting into making tea light and votive holders.

Sure Nancy.
All tutorials and videos in my site are free for any member .
A one time registration approval is required in order to keep out some "undesirables" and spammers.
Here is the info on the Tea light and there are dozens of other non pen turning videos and tutorials as well by various members.

http://wmyoung.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=turningvideos&action=display&thread=8016

It is an interesting turning . Count fingers once in a while when turning something like that. :biggrin: It is a lot more advanced type of turning than pens . If finger count is OK , procede with caution . Oh yes , use a full face shield unless you like living dangerously :wink:. I seldom use my face shield with pen turning but I sure do for something like this .

W.Y.

Thanks for the replies and comments .

My Gosh, these things can get addictive when turning them. After the first one it goes a lot better.
One is shown with a wax candle Tea light and the other with one of the battery operated 2 for a dollar electric ones from the dollar store. The holes are both the same depth and are sized one and a half inch in diameter to hold either one. There is actually enough depth to make the battery operated one fit flush with the top if a deeper hole is drilled when using 8/4 wood but I prefer the appearance of it sticking above to look like a large diameter candle that is burned down to that point.
Some prefer only wax candles in Tea lights and some prefer only the battery operated ones due to the potential fire hazard of the wax ones with the real flame especially if there are small children present. . I like to make them both ways and let my customer decide on that.

TwoTriangleTeaLights.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom