Toucan Euro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tweetfaip

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweetfaip

This is a Euro made form CUSA's new Pen Makers Choice Toucan Blank. The blanks are exactly the same as Libelle's Autumn Leaves Collection. I had the chance to see these at a pen shop in Boston. As fate would have it I had this pen in my pocket. The salesman was very surprised that the blank material was available elsewhere. In any case this is a nice looking pen that gets lots of positive comments.

Comments appreciated,

Eric

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

That's very cool. When I first started this hobby, I wouldn't think of using anything but wood. I'm starting to see other materials that are actually very nice. Nice choice and thanks for sharing.

Rudy Vey

This is a great blank - I call it "pine apple" colors. So far all I made sold at the first showing. You even can alter the colors a bit when using different color tubes - I use the Chameleon tubes from CSUSA for this.

tweetfaip

Thanks for the comments! Lanman, I am like you, I really prefer wood but have started branching out. The few sales that I have made people have really liked the acrylics. R2 I think it would look pretty good in copper, not sure about black Ti.

Here is a link to the Libelle version; http://www.coloradopen.com/category/Libelle_Autumn_Leaves

jtalbert

very nice indeed. I have a few of those kits, and am tring to learn how to get them to look right. Thanks for posting this beautiful example

James

Dave_M

I just had someone request a pen that was colorful, bold, and exciting so I ordered up some of these Toucan blanks. She wanted a big fat pen so I turned it for a platinum cigar kit. These blanks are pretty narrow so if you plan on turning a cigar out of one, you need to drill it dead center straight through. As soon as you get the blank rounded, your done. They look great.

Thanks again for posting Eric. I might not have ever found that one otherwise. I think my customer is going to love it.

Dave_M

Originally posted by tweetfaip
<br />Dave, the standard size is a bit narrow, but CSUSA also offers a Jumbo: 7/8" x 5" version of these. I may try a Gent in one.

Eric

Thanks Eric. I didn't even notice that when I ordered the blank. I'll post a pic of mine in a new thread later. Everyone I've shown this blank loves it. Very nice find. Not sure I would have tried it based on the pic on the CSUSA site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom