Tornados

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Oldwagon

Well we had 70 degree weather today.Along with that we had 2 tornadoes on the ground north of us.The town of Henryville Indiana is gone.The High school is gone.There are a few deaths.They found a 20 month old baby.But they don't know where she belongs.They are calling for snow Sunday and Monday.It is crazy here this winter.Sending out prayers for all the folk in the path of the tornadoes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randywa

Tuesday night we had another near miss with the first wave. The Branson Strip, 30 miles south, was hit, and Buffalo, 30 miles north was hit. My brother, a deputy, was blown off the road while responding to a storm related death call. Luckily, the patrol car and his pride were all that were hurt. The car can be fixed quicker than his pride.

Oldwagon

I am glad you made it.The storm that hit your area did damage south of us.This round of storms was bad.The main tornado was on the ground for over 20 miles.They just found out who the little baby is.They found her in a field.There are some unreal pictures coming in.10 miles north of me it sucked up some of the road.I have never seen that.Before I left work they clocked this storm with 145 mph winds.It was moving at 60 to 70 mph.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Tuesday night we had another near miss with the first wave. The Branson Strip, 30 miles south, was hit, and Buffalo, 30 miles north was hit. My brother, a deputy, was blown off the road while responding to a storm related death call. Luckily, the patrol car and his pride were all that were hurt. The car can be fixed quicker than his pride.

Randy: At least he's o.k. That's what matters.

Chasper

The storms went by north and south of us, heavy rain and a little hail here. Just when it became clear it was going to miss us we got a call from our horse trainer who is north of Pylmaria, down the road only a few miles from you. He watched the tornado on the ground across the field from his barn. Apparently the horses get seriously crazy when a tornado is passing. No damage to horses or barn but that is the same tornado that found Henryville and Maryville.

Good to hear that you are safe.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
The storms went by north and south of us, heavy rain and a little hail here. Just when it became clear it was going to miss us we got a call from our horse trainer who is north of Pylmaria, down the road only a few miles from you. He watched the tornado on the ground across the field from his barn. Apparently the horses get seriously crazy when a tornado is passing. No damage to horses or barn but that is the same tornado that found Henryville and Maryville.

Good to hear that you are safe.

Glad to hear Gerry. I was worried that it hit the horse farm. We had some huge hail, but the tornadoes went both north and south of us. It's still very windy outside.

Oldwagon

Gerry up where your horses are this storm sucked up part of the road.I have never seen it peel the road up like a orange.We got some small hail and a lot of wind.Glad you all made it.

tim self

Seeing the devistation is heartbreaking to say the least. Senseless loss of life because of the weather. Reminds me of our storms almost a yr ago. I'm glad to know ya'll are safe and will pray for those less fortunate.

warthog

Being a retired meteorologist...I can certainly relate to the power and destruction that a tornado can create. I am glad that most of you survived one of natures most terrible onslaughts and also saddened by the loss of life. God bless you one and all.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I've been watching the news this morning. Just total devastation in Henryville and Marysville. They're saying that 51 tornadoes hit yesterday in our area. The tornado that went through Henryville was on the ground for 40 miles.

DotDoc

Tellico Plains, Tn took a ddirect hit yesterday....has anyone heard from Tellico Turningz? Fron the video I hve seen, nothing left, terrible sight.

Tellico Plains, Tn took a ddirect hit yesterday....has anyone heard from Tellico Turningz? Fron the video I hve seen, nothing left, terrible sight.

Hey all, thanks for the shout out... we're fine at our place... I'm about 6 miles outside of TP, so not in the path... haven't been able to get into town to look and see what the damage is there. We did lose all phones and internet as the central office for the telephone company got hit and my internet is dsl from them... I have an old lap top at the Turkey Creek Public Market where I opend my booth and they have free wifi... works pretty good, so still connected to the world... our cells still work so we have contacted all the kids and family.

Cherie

Happy to hear that our pen turners and other are ok after the devastating tornado's. We pray for those not so lucky.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam

Hey all, thanks for the shout out... we're fine at our place... I'm about 6 miles outside of TP, so not in the path... haven't been able to get into town to look and see what the damage is there. We did lose all phones and internet as the central office for the telephone company got hit and my internet is dsl from them... I have an old lap top at the Turkey Creek Public Market where I opend my booth and they have free wifi... works pretty good, so still connected to the world... our cells still work so we have contacted all the kids and family.

The govt. may take God out of Federal Buildings, our Schools, etc. BUT they can't take him out of our lives. We are glad you all are O.K.

Oldwagon

Sad news tonight.The baby they found was 14 months old not 20 months.She died this afternoon.I am praying for all the families in these towns that lost everything.And the other towns that were hit with storms like these.Kentucky was hit hard.And all the others down south.

Top Bottom