Tool Rest Post Stop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

I threw in one of the CSUSA tool rest post stops on a recent order an found that it is a real time saver for me. Most of my turning is done with a Pen Pro so I have set the stop at the correct height for it, it is then a simple matter to raise the rest for other tools if needed and drop it back down on the stop to go back to the pen pro.

The $2.29 CSUSA stop has a nice big thumb screw which is convenient if you are going to make adjustments to the stop. At $1.44 from my local auto parts store a #12 hose clamp accomplishes the same thing but without the thumb screw.

Attachments

• Post-Stop.jpg
    Post-Stop.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 275
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

Tin snips to cut off the extra length. In fact I rarely buy small clamps anymore. I buy big ones and trim to size... Except for the "special" fuel injection clamps that is.

AlanZ

Those 2.5" clamps look like they can only trim down about an inch... the slots are only on the leading edge of the band.

I bought a couple of the stop clamps from CUSA and have been very happy with them when using carbide tools. It allows easy and quick repositioning of the toolrest while maintaining consistant toolrest height.

Fatdawg

After purchasing EWT tools for use on acrylic and antler pen blanks I still like to use my gouge and skew chissels for turning wooden blanks. I cut spacer bushings from a small piece of 3/4" PVC pipe for my tool rest and marked them one EWT and one regular to make change overs quick and easy.

Top Bottom