Tool gloat, better than black friday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I found a post on Craigs list for tools for sale, so I replied and asked to visit. I cleaned out my petty cash account , called my son-in-law who has a truck,and went shopping. Sadly, the sellers brother passed away and he was unloading some things for his brothers family.
The lathe, now in my shop, is a Nova 3000 with a 220v, 1.5 hp VS Neeson motor and included all the things you see on the stand (including the stand), like a Super Nova chuck with extra jaws and inserts, a bowl rest and outboard tool rest, a deep hollowing sytem, bed extension, Light, vacuum sytem with two size chucks, multiple spur centers and ...all the tools in another photo are all Sorby tools, a Jet 18" band saw with 6 different blades...and the table full of new forstner bits of all sizes, a mini turning set,...and a little jet 1224 that looked like it was never used!! I may go back on Friday for more.

Attachments

• tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 232
  • forstner bits.jpg
    forstner bits.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 252
  • lathe.jpg
    lathe.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 276
  • mini lathe.jpg
    mini lathe.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Band saw.jpg
    Band saw.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Clark,
I felt a bit guilty, but I stayed and helped organize accessories that went with other equipment, like mortising bits with the mortiser, the saw blades with the table saw, put fences on the proper equipment and gave suggestions of what they should expect to get for different tools, machinery. They really had no clue. I may go back on friday to help some more.

log2lumber

Great steal Glenn!!! I guess I don't have to clean the shop so you can try out my Nova.

Bed extension, hollowing sytem, outboard rest - cha ching!!!
If you are turning outboard, get a Nova Titan chuck or bigger. I love mine. Phil just had a deal for $200 on them.

Let me know what's left when you go back I may be interested.

BBBut I think I should see your shop and see how one turns on a DVR...

Great steal Glenn!!! I guess I don't have to clean the shop so you can try out my Nova.

Bed extension, hollowing sytem, outboard rest - cha ching!!!
If you are turning outboard, get a Nova Titan chuck or bigger. I love mine. Phil just had a deal for $200 on them.

Let me know what's left when you go back I may be interested.

Top Bottom