Took the plunge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgscott

Enco had a 20% off sale recently, and I purchased their 7x10 mini lathe. I know that for $100 more I could have gotten a 7x12, but the extra savings let me buy a bunch of other stuff including LOTS of instructional material. High School metal shop was a long time in the past (about 48 years to be exact), so I'm going to be learning all over again.

The only problem -- I'm itching to get it out of the crate and clean it up, but my 4 year old grandson is here for another 10 days and NOTHING gets done while he is around, so it sits in the box calling to me.
Doug

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgscott

Thanks, Mike! The Little Machine Shop has already seen a pretty steady stream of my cash flowing their way. I'll check out the others.
Doug

bitshird

Congratulations Doug, you'll have a blast, I have a friend that makes a decent living wit two of those 7x10 lathes and a Taig mill, he makes Titanium rings and is in pretty tight competition with a much larger producer, but the main thing is BE CAREFUL!!! Don't let the size fool you a small lathe may not kill yo0u but you can really get hurt with them, DAMHIKT..

Top Bottom