Took me a while...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from glycerine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

:eek: That blank is sick! I downloaded the tutorial for this style when I first started and I still don't have the guts to try it:biggrin: This looks great and the fact that you made it...Awesome times ten! Oh yeah...love that you put a Bock on it, ha ha ha

Last edited:

ragz

Nice work!

They are pretty tedious to cut all the pieces and glue up and one you have to take the corners off for sure.

firewhatfire

I made one of those blanks last year. It sold almost immediately when I put it on a pen. I need to get busy making a few more of them. But as stated it is a time consumer.

Looks good.

glycerine

Awesome!!! I've seen this pattern and really wanted to try. How hard was it?

As others have mentioned, it's time consuming. If you already know HOW to make them, then it's not necessarily hard to do, just tedious work and takes some patience. A few years ago, Wolftat (one of our "senior" members) posted one of these as a challenge for other members to figure out how it was done. At that time, there was no tutorial and so the hardest part was not doing it, but rather figuring out HOW to do it! There are several members (or past members) that I would consider "mentors" and they probably don't even realise it. Neil (wolftat) is one of them just because I was a fairly new penturner at that time and his "challenge" really stepped up my skills and opened my eyes to some advanced segmenting.
Anyway, there's a tutorial in the library now, so go get it and get to work... or better yet, hold off on the tutorial and see if you can figure it out on your own. I think you'll have more pride in the results if you can do that.

glycerine

Great job! Did you wait so long in order for all the skin to grow back on you fingers?

I can't tell if that was a joke or not because it's so true!! :biggrin:
You know, I don't know why I waited so long. I just added it to my drawer of balnks and waiting until I decided on which kit I thought it would look the best on.

Top Bottom