Too much time on my hands?...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drawknife

drawknife

Playing around in sawdust and decided to make something a little different from woodcraft mystery box wood. The centerband is a couple of slices of the mystery wood with a piece of maple in the middle. Counter-bored each end of the band so the blanks would go up inside from each end. By the way can anybody identify this wood?

20082315401_slimline_mod_2_lg.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doddman70

The pen looks real nice i really like how you did the centerband makes it a little more classy. as far as the wood i'm not sure the pic is a little dark (or its my monitor) but could it be rosewood?[8D]:D:)

drawknife

Originally posted by doddman70

The pen looks real nice i really like how you did the centerband makes it a little more classy. as far as the wood i'm not sure the pic is a little dark (or its my monitor) but could it be rosewood?[8D]:D:)
Closer pic, maybe its clearer, don't want to get it too clear.;)
Not sure that makes it less dark.

200823155955_closeup_mod.jpg

drawknife

Originally posted by RonSchmitt

Nice job.
Bubinga?
Could be "waterfall bubinga", I actually thought it was a little dark for that. The shavings off of it appear to be an orange-red, come to think of it that sounds just like bubinga.

Originally posted by drawknife

Playing around in sawdust and decided to make something a little different from woodcraft mystery box wood. The centerband is a couple of slices of the mystery wood with a piece of maple in the middle. Counter-bored each end of the band so the blanks would go up inside from each end. By the way can anybody identify this wood?

20082315401_slimline_mod_2_lg.jpg

here is a bit lighter copy, hope you dont mind?
It looks like it could be mesquite and Wood Craft puts a lot of mesquite in their mystery wood boxes.

200823174218_mod%20slim.jpg

Top Bottom