Too many wood pen blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

WOW! At first I thought he was going to make one of your bird houses, Super sized ! Lol
Never made a bowl yet but that would be the way to do it.

ctubbs

Thank you for showing. I have been wanting to see one of those things work every since I heard about them. Way cool.
Charles

MarkD

Very cool!
From the look of the bandage on his hard the process doesn't always go that smooth!:biggrin:

thewishman

Rich, if your inventory is anywhere near what it was a few years ago, you cold make a LOT of those bowls. You have to have one of the most diverse and interesting collections of figured domestic woods in the midwest.

jaywood1207

I've had this one in the works for almost 2 years. It's all end grain and my regular tools just weren't "cutting" it and scaring the crap out of me with some of the catches I was getting so about a month ago I finally put together a carbide tool. As soon as I have a spare few minutes I'm hoping to finish it off.

Attachments

• DSCF5402 (Small).JPG
    DSCF5402 (Small).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 533

ZanderPommo

Rich, I think you should post a pic of this so called "stash" of yours. all ive ever seen were the hundreds of blanks at the MPG and you cooly said that you "didnt want to have to take all those blanks home" so I cant imagine what you actually have in your shop!

low_48

Rich, I think you should post a pic of this so called "stash" of yours. all ive ever seen were the hundreds of blanks at the MPG and you cooly said that you "didnt want to have to take all those blanks home" so I cant imagine what you actually have in your shop!

It would take several pictures, and I'm really afraid that I would get a call from "Hoarders, Buried Alive". I have so much wood in my basement, my son has been quoted as saying, "If the house ever burns, they will see it from space." He's right. I had full intentions of starting an internet business, but all the photo work and organization needed to do that just never appealed to me. I sold some to Bear Tooth for a while, but then Ernie stopped carrying most domestics, then I sold on here for a while, but mainly lost interest. What I need is someone that wants to buy about 10,000 blanks at 10 cents each. Then I can have more room for bowl blanks!!!! Insert evil laugh here!

ZanderPommo

Hmmmmm makes me wonder where one or two hundred bucks would get me.....we do live mighty close hehehe..
You may get a message from me in a month or twovamd I'll try to thin out your stockpile

Top Bottom