Todays work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lorbay

lorbay

A few from today, but most of all I would like some feed back on the photography, this is my new Canon T2i and Photo tent. All feed back welcome.

Lin.

Attachments

• canon 006.jpg
    canon 006.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 186
  • canon 009.jpg
    canon 009.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 187
  • canon 019.jpg
    canon 019.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

First of all, the pens look great, but more to the point...the images are well composed with proper white balance. They do however look a little washed, and by a little I'm talking minor washing. Perhaps working on the angle of flash or using a difuser. If budget doesn't allow you can always use a single tissue and a rubberband to cover the bulb which will make the flash softer. Just my 0.02

jttheclockman

Each of these pens are fantastic looking. The blanks match the kits well. Job well done. as far as the photos. Yes they are washed out abit and by that I mean too much light and it looks like it is coming from the front. If you are using a flash, don't. Learn to use surrounding light source to highlight the pen. You will have better control. One way to tone a photo down is to have the light source absorbed with the background and that is why a grey background is better than an all white one. Too much bounce back of the light. I do not like the all black background because that takes it to the other extreme and sucks the light out of the photo and you have to make it up some other way.

Boz

I agree with all who have said that the pens look great. As for the lighting it is washed out. The pure white background is too much. You most likly have so much light bouncing back into the camera that it is causing the lens to flare. The edges of the chrome blend into the background. As mentioned a grey background would help right away.

lorbay

Thank you guy's for the input as these are some of my first with the new camera and tent, heck they are my first. This is all natural light from the tent and no flash. So I will change over to the gray background leave the settings where these ones were shot and go from there.
When you say washed does that mean that they are fading into the back ground??

Lin.

G1Pens

I like the white background. Makes the pens stand out. Looks a little overexposed. Either adjust the exposure in post with Photoshop (or whatever you are using) or put the camera on manual and adjust the exposure by 1/3 stop increments and pick one that gives you a little more depth on the pens.

Lighting looks spot on. The tent works.

I have been wanting to upgrade to the T2i or 60D....I am jealous.

Top Bottom