To Post or not to post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mvande21

That is the question!! I am curious as to what pens you guys git rid of the quickest. I am looking at getting some higher end pens. (statesmen jr emperor etc.) and I as wondering if the unpostable pens sell just as quick as the postable pens. I am thinking that it is probably a user's opinion but I figured I could ask here first before I dive into the big money pens. Any input is appreciaed!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I don't sell many pens but, I can tell you what I think about your question and, you can take it for what it's worth. I THINK, you can be prepared to make BOTH posting and, non-posting pens. It's going to be customers preference. I never saw the big deal about posting a cap myself. I think the exposed threads take away from the appearance but, SOME people like to put the cap on the pen when they write with it. Give them a choice and, good luck.

Chasper

If you are really talking about high end pens like Statesman, Gentleman, Emperor, Majestic, etc. Most of them are only available as non-posting. The Majestic Junior is an exception. In that grouping I sell mostly non-posting, about a 5:1 ratio.
If you move down a notch to Jr Gent, Jr Statesman, Triton, etc. most the components are available both ways, and in that category I sell mostly posting, about a 10:1 ratio.
As always, your results may differ.

bjbear76

My experience is that men prefer non-posting while the women prefer posting. Why that is, I don't know. My wife likes the posting style, but then complains about the weight of the pen. So don't post the cap and it will be lighter, right? Seemed logical to me at the time :rolleyes:

OKLAHOMAN

Over the years when we did shows we stopped buying or making non postable pens as our sales were around 20-1 and if a customer wanted a non postable pen this brought out the salesman who told the customer this pen can be used either way you have the option to post or not. I will bet I didn't lose 5 sales in 5 years.

LagniappeRob

My experience has been that for the smaller "Jr" series, post-able seems to get asked for more often. For the larger full size, the cap is a bit heavy and messes with the balance when they try to write with it. If they ask about it, I tell them "it's so you hold the cap in your hand when someone borrows your pen to remind you to not let them walk off with it accidentally".

Top Bottom