Tired of them yet.....quack!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Between assisting the 'pouring department', mowing grass(I hate that), and then packaging boxes....I got to drill these, rough them out and finish these six!

Photo was pretty straight forward 5-shot HDR....yes, I still do that. It is the best way to utilize the available lighting and still have a great photo that displays what the actual item looks like. And since these are the first bunch that haven't been spoken for(yet), I needed to get them out in the 'world' for folks to see.

On to the easy 'stuff'.
Drilled on the lathe. Roughing the shape, is nothing more then skew work. Wet sanding from 400 through 1500 grit....then finished up with MacGuires PlastixPolish. Bands were sanded through 1000 grit.
Inserts are all from Echo. Open Water single reed, directly from Echo in Beebe, Arkansas(round-trip is about 20minutes for me).

On a side note, my P2 jig arrived....soon I'll be advancing into my own 'sound'. I have a few more inserts to use while I'm getting the toneboard 'squared away'....so I'll try to show off a few more.

Scott (still quacking like a duck) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

They look great! Course, may be tough to find a duck hunter in Arkansas! : )

Keep em coming and look forward to seeing and hearing about the insert making.

plantman

Scott; You must have different strains of ducks in the south than we do up here in the north. We only have Teal, Wood Ducks, Malards, and things like that, no psychedelic versions that your calls could be used for. They are, however, fantastic looking. Even though I don't duck hunt, I would like to have one in my collection, just to show it off. Duck Dynasty move over, "Great Scott" is comming !!! Jim S

Last edited:

longbeard

Nice calls Scott
The colors look great!!!

Harry ( and no blow outs ) Mathew

I guess it was worth saying twice...not sure how that happened

Last edited:

SDB777

Thanks everyone.

Was thinking that these all might be a bit 'flashy', but if the future owners don't know how to 'quack', then maybe some will just be blinded by the shine and fly into a load of steel at high velocity?!?!?

Been trying to make enough 6-9 color pours to offer 'lots', but for some reason....I keep getting them into my 'stash'! Maybe someday, someday....I'll have to share?

Scott (yes, I pour some too) B

SDB777

Still have a pile of them to do! We have been enjoying the game call blanks a LOT, and the folks buying them are speechless too! So many custom swirls I'm hiding from the website;)

Scott (quack-quack waddle-waddle) B

SDB777

I like them ALL but I especially like the "Bronze" one.

All the way to the right side? It's actually one of the blanks we did a few years ago(the pen took 2nd place for casting) "Wonder-Within"! Sort of a favorite of mine too.....thanks!

Scott (memory lane is getting crowded) B

Wow! I don't guess I will will b bringing my samples to the June meeting! lol These r awesome & the name is original as well!

wyone

I need to make one for a good friend of mine. She does duck rescue. I know, not the typical thing, but there are a lot of domestic ducks that people just get tired of and go dump at a pond. Of course, the ducks are domestic and have no ability to survive in the wild. She had two that she kept as pets for years, until a raccoon killed them. They were as much of her family as a dog is to others. So I am thinking.. maybe a nice duck call would help her.. or at least make her smile. I just have never done duck calls, so it is one more thing to learn I guess. I will have to look for you tubes and instructions.

Top Bottom