Tips on making little squares

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

I had a couple folks ask about this so I thought I would see what my camera could do to tell the story.

Attachments

• DSCN0258.JPG
    DSCN0258.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 433
  • DSCN0259.jpg
    DSCN0259.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCN0260.JPG
    DSCN0260.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 391
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

That makes sense. I have medium quality blades. I know the one on right now is 1/2" but can't remember the teeth count. Maybe I should get one of those $100 blades to get a smooth cut!

Gary Max

I don't like the $100.00 blades----one rock--dirt or any type of trash and you are done----Bi-metal will take more of a beating and if you take care of it will last a while.

glycerine

Gary do you get a smooth cut with a bandsaw? I seem to get a very rough cut with my bandsaw.

It could be more than just the blade though. Make sure the tension is right, as well as the setting of your roller bearings or blocks, whichever you have. I bought a cheaper brand bandsaw several years ago and out of the box it was crap. Until I figured out how to tune it...

Jim Smith

I use a similar method on my Byrne table saw except I use blue masking tape to tape the blanks together first. The tape comes right off and taping them together eliminates the small pieces from getting picked up by the blade and becoming projectiles.

Jim Smith

Gary Max

Personally----I find a bandsaw safer to use on smaller items than a tablesaw----unless you buy one of the really cool model builders saws.
Wait till you see the next Orange and Black ones----on Ti-Gold Slims

Top Bottom