TIP: keep your bushingsfrom getting stuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BeeAMaker

When I started using TBC's (Turn between centers) I tried several different adapters. Right away I noticed an issue. The bushings started getting "stuck". I found that the cause was from the base of the bushing adaptor was rounded, and the inside hole of the bushing was more square. Here is a tip to prevent this from happenings. Thanks for watching.

https://youtu.be/lcZ-6ep88EI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Why wouldn't you just square up the inside corners of your TBC bushings rather than rounding or chamfering all your other bushings?

I know that a square corner in metalworking adds stress to the metal and gives it a weak point (which is why it's rounded to start with), but exactly how much stress do we put on those silly things???

BeeAMaker

Why wouldn't you just square up the inside corners of your TBC bushings rather than rounding or chamfering all your other bushings?

I know that a square corner in metalworking adds stress to the metal and gives it a weak point (which is why it's rounded to start with), but exactly how much stress do we put on those silly things???

You could, I suppose, if you have the means to do so. That would be another good idea. I started doing the inside of the bushing, so just continued.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
My question is why not just put the bushing directly onto the live center and dead/drive center? I haven't had a problem with that over the last 10 years.
I've taken this one step further and beveled the inside of the bushing with a 60* center drill. This will give more contact surface area between the live and dead center and the bushing. It also reduces wear on the center.

Top Bottom