Time for adjustments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So...it's time to take the slop out of the saddle plates. And while I'm there, the cross slide gibs as well. This being done on the bench it resides :redface: Some of you have seen the bench. :biggrin: And, may be LYAO :rolleyes: But, I can do it :wink:

Wish me luck!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Good Luck Chuck

May your saddle plates be slopless, and your cross slide gibs slide smoothly! You may need to pull that pink towel out of retirement to keep things clean.

(I had to look those things up on the internets - they are real parts!)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good Luck Chuck

May your saddle plates be slopless, and your cross slide gibs slide smoothly! You may need to pull that pink towel out of retirement to keep things clean.

(I had to look those things up on the internets - they are real parts!)
Awesome! Thanks Dave. You know? I sometimes wish I still had that towel :rolleyes:

Yes, they are real parts. You should look up what it takes to adjust them. When you have an hour to spare, AND have an interest. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good luck Chuck.
Thanks Wayne! I thought I should get this done before, I start on your pens. :biggrin:

Told you before Chuck.......there is never any rush between you and me. :biggrin::wink:
I know, and I appreciate that. But nothing is certain. I'd better get them done while I'm able :biggrin:

So...it's time to take the slop out of the saddle plates. And while I'm there, the cross slide gibs as well.

Wish me luck!!

...Hate those Sloppy Saddle Plates... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Have FUN!
I know it!! It will get on your nerves....I promise :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK....I decided to dive into it yesterday, and did I get lucky! :biggrin: I took a closer look, and found the carriage wasn't loose at all. That saved me a bunch of work. The little play I had was in the cross slide, and the compound adjustments. :wink: But, that was enough:redface: I got the cross slide working the way I wanted it. The compound gave me more trouble, as far as getting it set not too tight, but not too loose. Got everything oiled good, and the compound is just a little stiff when I crank the handle, but it was to the point that, if I loosened it at all, I could hear, and feel the slop. I don't use the compound that much anyway, so I'll leave it with some drag in it.

Thanks for the support! It worked! :wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom