Thoughts on Nova 1624 ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

Hello all;A buddy of mine is thinking of upgrading to a bigger lathe. He has a good deal on a Nova 1624 and asked me my opinion. I have never turned on a Nova.

Anyone out there have any thoughts either way on the Nova?

Greatly appreciated

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have had one for about 2 years and love it. I use mine Jet mini for most of my pens, but the nova is great for larger turnings. I don't use to anything close to its potential, but it will last as long as I'm turning I suspect!

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 124

robutacion

I have a Nova 1624-44 since 2007, it has been a good work horse, no doubt.

The re is only one thing that I don't like about it, or any other lathe that, you have to change the belts/speeds manually, I would prefer the DVR which is the same machine with a different head, I have contemplated in buy the upgrade DVR head and some myself half of the cost of a new DVR.

Apart from that, mine has worked hard from day one, one belt and one capacitor is all I replaced...!

Good luck,

Cheers
George

Cwalker935

I have had a nova 1624 for about 6 months and am very happy with it. I bought it after it went on sale so that I could turn larger bowls. Changing speeds is not a big deal, it's easy to adjust the belts. I also like that it pivots to allow easier access for turning bowls. It is a lot of lathe for the money. I continue to use my jet for pens.

lorbay

+ one on what George said I loved my 1634-44 but the belt changing got to me, so I put a V/S package on it. That was sweet, but like a dummy I traded it in a big Vicmarc. Should have kept it , and bought the Vicmarc.
Lin

turncrazy43

I have a Nova 1624 have it has been a great lathe for me.

Top Bottom