This was not a great week

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

OK I lucked out Wednesday No problems with my heart I thought this was going to be a stupendous week but, Thursday Not so good, first thing, I fried my AC in my office at home, HOTTEST day of the year. Not a total surprise the unit was like 7 or 8 years old, and had been making odd noises, Then today Total Disaster hits, I was in the middle of taking some piuctures of a pen Andrew turned the other day and I changed set ups, I moved a piece of cardboard and my camera hit the floor, Lens First, it didn't shatter the glass, but broke the focal adjusting rail which I think is a rack and pinion, I know I needed a new camera, this was a Nikon 5700 and only a 5 MP camera, but I just bought 4 new batteries and I have almost 10 gigs in Compact flash cards, I got the pictures taken I wanted, had to do some serious cropping, But I found a refurbed Coolpix 8700 which is an 8 MP camera and snagged it on eBay for 153.00 and all my stuff will work. I'd thought about getting one of the new ones like a P90 or L-100 but after reading the reviews, I guess I may have made the right choice, I would like to have gotten a D-90 or even a D-40 since I have 4 Nikor lenses for my F-3 film camera which I took the batteries out of a year ago since it' sits so alone and un used, I still love it, I just don't use it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JerrySambrook

Ken,
BA LONE EEEEE it is not a great week

Your heart is fine after some fear, and that alone should make it a GREAT week.:highfive:

The rest of the stuff is incidental.

Jerry

p.s. called Thursday but you must have been picking up camera pieces

Lenny

Right now 1950 members are thinking to themselves "I hate to admit it, but Jerry is right" !!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Bad Week?

Jerry and I have some serious disagreements on some subjects but on this we agree....You had a great week.

I had the same procedure done and felt blessed when they put in two stents....they didn't say I needed bypass surgery.

If you wake up in the morning, can put your feet on the floor and get out of bed, and nothing aches any worse than it did yesterday...it is the start of a great day.

phillywood

Ken, I have to agree buddy you had a great week knowing that your heart is in good shape. Now, A/C well if you heard it that was making noise then you knew it was happening. It was just matter of when. Now, camera, I think you got too excited to know about (you know and can do it) therefore you thew your hands in the air and said hooray!
OK, I may talk silly, but you wanted a new camera anyways, so there you have it. Now, how do you say it was a baaaaaaaaaaddddddddd week?
Here is the run down:
good heart,new camera,new A/C so what else you want? Ah, I think you are missing your Johnny Walker?:drink:

bitshird

Oh I'm glad as heck about the heart thing, I was kind of sweating having another Bypass when the DR. said there appeared to be a blockage on the lower chamber, but Jeez I really didn't need to have to get a new camera, the money that I had to cough up for it, was supposed to go for a new chuck, The AC it was kind of old, and so was the camera, Don't get me wrong I'm glad as heck to wake up with out dirt in my face, and I think the thing with the Cath was kind of a side note from my Dr. since I was about 2 years late for my 6 month check up. I think I'll do the next one on time.
I really would have liked to spend the 400.00 on shop supplies , but maybe now my photo skills will improve, Lord knows they need to.
Smitty, Stints are no big deal, but I had a triple Cardiac Bypass Graft in 02, I don't plan on having another one.
I guess it was a pretty good week, I even got Gary Max off my butt,:) I UPS'd his Monster swans neckhollowing tool and 5 pound woodchuck yesterday.
Oh Well it's just Money what the heck :biggrin: I just wish I could go to the shop and play with wood.

Top Bottom