Thinking about buying a new bandsaw.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bad

I'm thinking about buying a new bandsaw. One of the local stores has this one on sale:
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD=104&ID=19917
I've mostly got my mind made up to buy it but before I do I thought I'd see if I could get some advice here. I know most of the members are in the U.S. and would probably have never seen this one before but is there anyone out there who knows anything about it? Any advice would be appreciated. Any advice on choosing the right bandsaw would also be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wildman

Looks like Delta bandsaw clone. I am guessing that bandsaw has a 1 HP motor. Would be nice to know price and what do you want to do with a bandsaw.

If that 6" cutting capacity will handle more than 99% of what you want to cut than could be a great saw. If you need bigger cutting capacity lot depends upon cost of the riser kit and motor HP.

I would save money buying Rikon 14 deluxe bandsaw over 14" Delta with riser kit. That's not true if wanted to add a riser kit to my Grizzly 14".

bad

Looks like Delta bandsaw clone. I am guessing that bandsaw has a 1 HP motor. Would be nice to know price and what do you want to do with a bandsaw.

If that 6" cutting capacity will handle more than 99% of what you want to cut than could be a great saw. If you need bigger cutting capacity lot depends upon cost of the riser kit and motor HP.

I would save money buying Rikon 14 deluxe bandsaw over 14" Delta with riser kit. That's not true if wanted to add a riser kit to my Grizzly 14".

Oops! You're right I should have put in the cost. It's on sale for $599 with a $40 mail in rebate. The riser block I think will cost $50. I'm looking to get into a lot more segmented turning.

Last edited:

Gofer

Have a look at KMS tools, they have a few different brands and some of the best prices around. With Lowe's opening up at Crossiron Mills in the near furture you may want to wait and see if they will have a grand opening special.

Bruce

Top Bottom