Think Pink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Crickett

Crickett

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month I decided to make this pink blank and I put it on a Majestic Squire because what girl doesn't like a little bling! I know men can also get breast cancer, although it's more rare.

All constructive comments are welcome.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC03708.JPG
    DSC03708.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 540
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Crickett

The pen looks great! Curiosity is killing me......do you have fly fishermen in your family? Or are you yourself a angler? I know its a beautiful non fishing related blank but the balance, use of color and even some of the technique for building these is very much like fly tying. I kept thinking while reading the tutorial on these, "Yep just like casing a tube fly in resin."

A pink chip would have been a nice touch. :biggrin:

As always you do fantastic work.

Thanks Mike, I happen to fresh out of pink though!! :wink: I'll have to kind that thread about the sizes for replacement.

Dee, being a breast cancer survivor said to give it an 11 out of 10.

So kind of Dee! :)

Crickett

The pen looks great! Curiosity is killing me......do you have fly fishermen in your family? Or are you yourself a angler? I know its a beautiful non fishing related blank but the balance, use of color and even some of the technique for building these is very much like fly tying. I kept thinking while reading the tutorial on these, "Yep just like casing a tube fly in resin."

Thanks Rick, no not an angler, I went fishing once and never caught anything, the most frustrating think was the water was so clear I could see the fish swimming under the boat!

Crickett ... what a marvelous use of the feathers for such a worthy cause ... that's a beast of a pen!

Hello Ron, I'm not going to live that one down, am I? :rolleyes::)

Superb Marla! Very fitting as well. You could always turn something to replace the "pimp crystal"...although the stock one does work in this instance :wink:

Thanks Chuck and Jonathan! I've never replaced the crystal before but I think there's a tutorial I should look at for the next one.

Sent from my iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom