Think I fixed my reflection problem:) (macro shot)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

Not sure if this is the right forum or not. I recently posted an amboyna burl set I am making and I had some reflection problems that I did not like in the photo. This is the original post with the reflection problems.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30795

This is the second set of Amboyna burl 3 segment set I am making

I think I have solved that problem.
This is my 'control' image.
IMG_4780.JPG

This is the rest.

IMG_4782.JPG

IMG_4784.JPG

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jthompson1995

I actually like the control photo best. You can still see the figure and grain of the wood, but the reflection makes the shine more noticeable and, in my experience, people like shiny things. Gorgeous wood, BTW.

bitshird

If it waas just as easy to get a great photo as IT WAS TO GET A DECENT PEN TURNED, I'd be happy, [:I] I like the rest portion of your images, I think the reflection hides the woods beauty in the control setup, and that is some darned pretty wood

alxe24

Ditto on the avobe. The natural color of the wood is great. But again is not about people liking on not the shiny pictures. It shows the type of finish you've done on the pen and that is worth as well. Some times I see pictures here that makes the pen look encapsulated in glass, and I really like that it shows the finish being great and that is what most of us doing CA is what we are after.

edstreet

Yes this is a double edged sword that is very sharp. On one hand you have the finish that needs to be seen, tho it will degrade the wood details and richness. On the other hand you need to see the detail of the wood and esp if it's like this wood it really needs to be seen! The best solution that I can come up with it is 2 shots of the item, 1 showing the detail and one showing the finish.
amboyna-1-2+macro.jpg

IMG_4811.JPG

Sorry for the lint and dust on the pen. The top one is a 1:2 macro shot. To give some reference this is a 7mm tube inside and the outside diam is around 8-9mm and the tube is 13/16" long, what section you see is around 1/5 of that, approx.

Ed

airrat

Me personally I like the control photo the best. It is brighter, the bottom picture seems darkened. The problem some might have is their monitor wont show off a darkened piece as well as the brighter one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom