Thin stuff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

Here's an effort to utilize thin off cuts of veneer strips(maple, walnut and mohagony). Extremely fragile material that I managed to "weave" into a linear pattern with extensive use of urethane glue. The pen case is totally crafted out of maple veneer that is just a bit thicker than copier paper. Gold solvent dye was used to add a little colour to this case in veneer study. Only tool used from start to finish is SKOGGER. Feel free to express your comments. All criticism is welcomed.

1_P1010023.jpg
1_P1010020.jpg
2_P1010012.jpg
3_P1010003.jpg
2_P1010006.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Peter, I really like the pen case! Very novel idea. To dress up the inside of it I was wondering if it would be possible to turn a cylinder about 6 1/2" long and 1 1/2" diameter. Route a groove in it to accept the pen. Then wrap the veneer around that. It might make more sturdy as well.

chriselle

Peter, I really like the pen case! Very novel idea. To dress up the inside of it I was wondering if it would be possible to turn a cylinder about 6 1/2" long and 1 1/2" diameter. Route a groove in it to accept the pen. Then wrap the veneer around that. It might make more sturdy as well.

+1 A routed wood insert would really match this unique case. Great looking and interesting pen. Very creative.

wood-of-1kind

Thanks Keith,

that is a fine suggestion and I will certainly put it on my to do list. The one piece cylinder design really will make it that much sturdier.

Top Bottom