Thin blue line

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Btimson

I am looking for someone that can make or tell me how to make some pen blanks that signify the thin blue line of law enforcement. The blank will be all black with a blue stripe down the middle of it. I would be interested in seeing the stripe both ways the length of the blank and around the blank to see what works best. Thank you in advance for anyones assistance. I have NO experience with acrylic molding.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
Segment it. Get the colors you want to use and cut the one blank in half and cut a strip from the other blank and glue it all together. Should work for you.

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
How about label casting? It has worked fairly well for me, although the blue line is a bit darker than you see in the pics.

Attachments

• Sierra Chrome Click BPD Corporal #62.jpg
    Sierra Chrome Click BPD Corporal #62.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 636
  • Sierra Gold Click BPD Sergeant #19.JPG
    Sierra Gold Click BPD Sergeant #19.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 842
  • Sierra Gold Click BPD Sergeant #29.JPG
    Sierra Gold Click BPD Sergeant #29.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

bassinhuntin

Wow beautiful pen. Where did you get the labels and lettering? I would love to make some of the guys here pens like this. They would love them.

oldsmokey

I took a picture of my badge and sent it to Ken Nelson at Kallenshaan Woods. He laser engraved the badge for me on a pen. I used a burl wood so the engraving does not show on a picture. If you do it, use a light colored wood for better results. Talk to Ken for his advise.

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Bill,

I printed the labels on my inkjet printer...just plain Avery mailing labels...pulled the thin blue line image off the 'net, added my badge image for the appropriate rank and the name on the computer.

Then cast it in clear alumilite using a ResinSaver mold.

These were my first castings...a little bit of trial and error, but not as difficult as you might think!

Make sure you overlap the label when you put it on the tube or the heat during casting will cause it to separate! I've learned to let it sit overnight to de-gas or I get a line of fine bubbles at the overlap. And, at the edge of the label where the white paper is visble, I just ran a black magic marker down it to cover the white.

And, most importantly, I learned everything I needed to know here on the IAP! Thanks Guys!!!

PM me if you have any questions, I'm happy to share! :wink:

slincoln

These are 20.00. The text can be customized or leave the cross off at no additional charge. The wood is Blackwood, available for most single tube pen kits.

Attachments

• thin blue line foil cross blackwood 001.JPG
    thin blue line foil cross blackwood 001.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 458
  • thin blue line foil cross blackwood 006.JPG
    thin blue line foil cross blackwood 006.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 541

Whitehat1994

Blue thin line

image.jpg

Here are 2 photos, although they don't really show the pen very well, of a pen I did for my LEO son in law.
HE's team leader on his SWAT team. In one year's time they lost 2 members.
The emblem is the SWT image created by the SWAT team, I understand each SWAT team creates their image.
I also included the EOW (end of watch) badge number of the 2 officers killed.
I used decal paper I bought from Hobby Lobby. Put it on a white acrylic blank and CA finish.

My first time to post a pen. I've been turning for about a year and a month.
Comment welcomed

Top Bottom