the whole story.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

ok, grab a drink and get comfortable. this might be a while.

i've posted a couple photos and thats about it, but i haven't told the whole story. then i figured that no one can appreciate it more than you guys and gals. so here is the whole story.

i wanted to do something a little different. i have started to sell some pens and have had some custom orders but that was taking the fun out of it so i needed something exciting. i took a leap of faith and sent an email to the operators of the bluenose II. that is a tall ship that makes its home in Lunenburg n.s. its predecessor, the bluenose 1, can be found on the Canadian dime (10 cents) i asked him to send me a piece of the ship to make pens. it didn't work. when i asked him to send me enough wood to make 2 pens, one for me and one for him. he bit. the bluenose II is undergoing a huge renovation so i knew there would be something to spare. well, i got the wood and made the pens. and as a previous post mentioned. the wood turned out to be pine. something i had some practice with thanks to the pith. well here are a few picture and the video of the process. the director of the bluenose II will receive the pen and the link.
enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf-gzzCcTjc

Attachments

• 100_0851.jpg
    100_0851.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_0854 (640x480).jpg
    100_0854 (640x480).jpg
    208 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom