The Wedding Masur Birch Jr Gold/Rodium Stateman pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Been a while I made a CA finish, I was quite nervous. Masur birch is very voidy, I literally poured CA in holes and I managed to do great.

This will be a wedding pen, I find the wood to be appropriate for such circumstance.

EDIT1: By the way Martin if you are out there, this is one of your blanks! ;)

EDIT2: I used the "Mandrel Saver Tailstock" and jonnycnc's bushings/tool rest and "Wood Chuck Pen Pro" to make this pen. Those I cannot live without now. ;)

Clicky the thumbnail! :biggrin:

Thanks,

Charles

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Great job Charles. The timber is beautiful and your fit and finish is outstanding. Your photos are very good, also. Congratulations on your CA finish. i noticed that there are no fingers still attached to the pen:rolleyes: so you did good there too. The recipient will undoubtedly cherish this pen for many years.
Charles (the other one)

bensoelberg

Charles, I don't care if you haven't done a CA finish in 10 years, your finishes have always been the gold standard that I aspire to. This pen is no exception. Well done. I've got to get a piece of Masur Birch.

CharlesH

bensoelberg said:
Charles, I don't care if you haven't done a CA finish in 10 years, your finishes have always been the gold standard that I aspire to. This pen is no exception. Well done. I've got to get a piece of Masur Birch.

Hey thanks! I try my best, if I can inspire just one person this hobby is worth it!!!

C

Sent from my iTouch.

MartinPens

I just love Masur birch. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope I can get to the fabulous blanks you sent, but I'm buried in bowl and hollow vessel turning at the moment.

Regards

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom