The "Unusual Material" thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Originally posted by Ragamuffin
<br /><b></b>I think it is illegal, but I'd like to try a stack of pennies.

Yeah; but drilling the blank would be a b.....!! Something that would give a similar appearance has already been done by one of our members......wrapping solid copper wire around a tube and then soldering it all together. Nice looking pen; but don't carry one if you spend time on or near the water and are a poor swimmer...it weighs a ton!!

Here in Texas we have a lot of cattle and tons of the trail markers left by them. I have seen pens made from dried and stabalized pieces of these markers so you can cross that material off the list of "never done before."

chigdon

I tried the pennies believe it or not and I didn't ever finish it. Also remember you need old pennies that are actually pure copper which is easier said than done.

tnilmerl

I have heard of someone using coffee grounds. I wonder if anyone has some info in how to prep and produce a blank from coffee gounds? I can buy boulk used grounds from one of the local coffee houses, but how to compress it into a suitable blanks has me stumped. lots of options. Any suggestions out there?

Jerry Adams

Originally posted by tnilmerl
<br />I have heard of someone using coffee grounds. I wonder if anyone has some info in how to prep and produce a blank from coffee gounds? I can buy boulk used grounds from one of the local coffee houses, but how to compress it into a suitable blanks has me stumped. lots of options. Any suggestions out there?
How about using lots of CA, or maybe mixing the grounds with clear casting resin.

dpstudios

Interesting cocept. Hmmmmmmm coffee grounds. Need to make sure they were completely dry. Might make the shop smell nice drying them in an oven. Lots of CA is the ticket.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom