The Ugly Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Wow Scott. that pen with the eyes is just plain wrong in so many ways:biggrin:. NICE ENTREE!!!:biggrin:

Aaron!

As much as I'd like to take credit for the "eye pen", I am but the humble (yeah, right!) contest chairman! :alien:

Why not enter one of your own Ugly Pens? Oh, come on, we've ALL made ugly pens! (I can't be the only one whose pens are Ugly, can I?) :cool:

Scott.

I have one that I am working on and was going to use for the Russ Fairfield Memorial Challange but I can already tell its not going to turn out right so I may enter it.

hasha2000

Summited my entry, now see my Thorny pen!

(See the Entry Below - Scott)

It does write and yes it does hurt to use! My brother can testify to that fact! lol :bulgy-eyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

kinggabby

1_IMG_1743a.JPG
When you gonna clean up that blood in my shop area?

kinggabby

I am proud to present our first entry in the Ugly Pen Contest. And what a way to begin! There is no doubt that this is the appropriate contest for this pen. Ugly, ugly, ugly!

Submitted by : Buzzzz4

Pen Name : Eye Candy

I know I'm in the minority but I like it.

I'm with you! Eye don't see an ugly pen there!
I think the eyes have it but in this case eye think more think it is kewl and not ugly.

Buzzzz4

I am proud to present our first entry in the Ugly Pen Contest. And what a way to begin! There is no doubt that this is the appropriate contest for this pen. Ugly, ugly, ugly!

Submitted by : Buzzzz4

Pen Name : Eye Candy

I know I'm in the minority but I like it.

I'm with you! Eye don't see an ugly pen there!
I think the eyes have it but in this case eye think more think it is kewl and not ugly.

Now now, Eye Candy is creepy and ugly. Just because it's competition to your feeble attempts at ugly does not mean you have to bump Eye Candy up to the Beautiful Pen contest. Bring it on! You can post another attempt at ugly, but thorns on a bic aren't going to do it. (this is in jest, don't take it personally). Now let's see some more ugly!

Drstrangefart

(See the Entry Below - Scott)

Annnnnnd this is my entry. Bad workmanship and unintended consequences collide to make a pen that looks like a fishing bobber look even worse. I hope the resolution is good enough to NOT hide the f-ups, my computer does not shoe terribly clear pics online. Could be slow interweb or old computer. I dunno.

Drstrangefart

Yep, that's messed up. What's going on with that finish there?

It took a LOT of coats of acrylic paint to turn opaque. It looked sort of tolerable when I finished it, and it was finished with CA. After a couple of weeks of storage, the paint wrinkled up and went pruney. Kind of an ugly surprise. I also had a lot of issues with paint sticking to bushings, and usual beginner problems. I think I made that pen before Thanksgiving sometime.

Scott

Thorny Pen

A rose by any other name will still stick you! Here I present the Thorny Pen.

User Name: Hasha2000

Pen Name : Thorny Pen

Pen Story : Sitting outside, I looked over and saw some rose bush limbs my brother is drying. I seen one that was covered with thorns and thought that would be ugly and literally painful to write with. I cut the thing with a dremel, and put on a glove to drill the thing! I used a pendant pen kit for the parts. Hope you like it... And yes it writes!

3490.jpg

e8da.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Big Top Click

Now here is a really hideous thing from our friend Buzzzz4. It's a good thing this is his second entry, because they're just getting worse!

User Name: Buzzzz4

Pen Name : Big Top Click

Pen Story : So my daughter comes up carrying this doll from my childhood and asks, "daddy is this ugly enough for your pen"? I collected clowns as a child, and was given this doll from my grandmother. It reminded me so much of the clown from IT that I couldn't look too long at it. Now he will reside on a CSUSA clicker forever. I present to you Big Top Click.

5ad7.jpg

b49e.jpg

7b19.jpg

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

It took a LOT of coats of acrylic paint to turn opaque. It looked sort of tolerable when I finished it, and it was finished with CA. After a couple of weeks of storage, the paint wrinkled up and went pruney. Kind of an ugly surprise. I also had a lot of issues with paint sticking to bushings, and usual beginner problems. I think I made that pen before Thanksgiving sometime.

That would be the moisture from the acrylic paint I think. CA over water is not a good combination.

Scott

Quacker

I think we'll need some WD-40 for this piece of . . . Work.

User Name: Mac

Pen Name : Quacker

Pen Story : I was thinking one day about things used to hold stuff together,and came up with duck tape. I think everybody has at least one roll around the house.And duck tape being duck tape will not ever turn out smooth so zip ties came to mind and if all else fails bailing wire. And being married to an electrician's daugther,even I know that the wire ends need to be covered.But I only had one wire nut so had to use electric tape.

2744.jpg

Scott

I failed the gods of acrylic paint. So severely...

Here is a wrinkly mess for your perusal.

User Name: Drstrangefart

Pen Name : I failed the gods of acrylic paint. So severely...

Pen Story : This is the result of an insanely thick coat of acrylic paint that wrinkled out a few weeks after it was finished.

7e79.jpg

Scott

Overdone

Ouch! This one is too hot to handle!

User Name: CaptG

Pen Name : Overdone

Pen Story : This is what happens to Toni's beautiful canes when you forget to turn the oven down from powder coat temp. to clay temp. OOps.

3a34.jpg

Drstrangefart

That would be the moisture from the acrylic paint I think. CA over water is not a good combination.

It's either that or the paint contracting a bit as it dried out more. Either way it was quite unexpected. Since it was already done and assembled I figured I'd keep at least one hall of shame piece.

Scott

Syn Steel Wool

Here is our next entry. I don't know what to say about this pen except that it's "abrasive" personality is sure to rub someone the wrong way!

Pen Name : Syn Steel Wool

Pen Story : An ugly pen with multi purposes. Not only does it write but you can do so sanding with it as well, for it is made from with a slimline kit rapped with Norton® '0' steel wool replacement pad.

74ad.jpg

Scott

Kermit

Here's a froggy entry that makes me think we should all go fishing instead of trying to make pens!

User Name: john crane

Pen Name : Kermit

Pen Story : My ugly pen it's a failed attempt at a long line. I think Russ would puke seeing this! I CA'd a frog lure to it and gave it to my grandson.

1535.jpg

507b.jpg

MartinPens

Scott said:
Here's a froggy entry that makes me think we should all go fishing instead of trying to make pens!

User Name: john crane

Pen Name : Kermit

Pen Story : My ugly pen it's a failed attempt at a long line. I think Russ would puke seeing this! I CA'd a frog lure to it and gave it to my grandson.

That's really awful. I felt a shiver and I physically grimaced! That it one violated pen. Good job!
Martin

Scott

Poopcorn

Here we go again! And what a distasteful contribution this is! Enjoy!

User Name: sparhawk

Pen Name : poopcorn

Pen Story : Was supposed to be popped popcorn in blue pr. It kept chipping out popcorn as i made it and one time i quickly grabbed up a pinch of the dust to fill a hole and didnt realize until after i had put it in the ca that there was some brown wood dust in with it. !st mistake. then i couldnt get the popcorn to stop falling out in pieces and before you know it the popcorn was dirty from handling and couldnt get the dirt off the popcorn to add more ca. So i gave up and posted it here.

d626.jpg

00b9.jpg

Last edited:

randywa

A rose by any other name will still stick you! Here I present the Thorny Pen.

Pen Name : Thorny Pen

Pen Story : Sitting outside, I looked over and saw some rose bush limbs my brother is drying. I seen one that was covered with thorns and thought that would be ugly and literally painful to write with. I cut the thing with a dremel, and put on a glove to drill the thing! I used a pendant pen kit for the parts. Hope you like it... And yes it writes!

3490.jpg

I wish I had this one when I was signing alimony checks.

MartinPens

Scott said:
Here we go again! And what a distasteful contribution this is! Enjoy!

User Name: sparhawk

Pen Name : poopcorn

Pen Story : Was supposed to be popped popcorn in blue pr. It kept chipping out popcorn as i made it and one time i quickly grabbed up a pinch of the dust to fill a hole and didnt realize until after i had put it in the ca that there was some brown wood dust in with it. !st mistake. then i couldnt get the popcorn to stop falling out in pieces and before you know it the popcorn was dirty from handling and couldnt get the dirt off the popcorn to add more ca. So i gave up and posted it here.

Good Lord, these are getting scary.

Martin

Top Bottom