The Turner Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

This is a Kallenshaan Woods laser kit made for the turners out there. It is the first laser kit I did. I have to say it was a challenge to work with pieces that small. Hands are too big:biggrin:. But with a trusty old mag light and a pair of tweesers we prevailed. Finished with 3 coats of thin and 4 coats of med CA and MM. Thanks for looking and as always any comments and or questions are always welcomed.

TurnersPen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gagler

I saw that pen on your post of the very nice pen display and thought that was a good looking pen but couldn't really make out the details - now that I see the up close picture it looks even better. Looks like another item to add to my "to do" list.

ToddMR

Very nicely done. I have been thinking of that one too. Looks like you did a really good job on getting it all done.

ThomJ

Thats a neat pen. I have done a couple of lazer cuts. I use a #1 exacto knife point to put in the tiny pieces. I let them soak in a bit of warm water while I'm doing it

jttheclockman

Thats a neat pen. I have done a couple of lazer cuts. I use a #1 exacto knife point to put in the tiny pieces. I let them soak in a bit of warm water while I'm doing it

Thanks all for the kind words.

What makes this kit abit more challenging and I guess you will see more and more of them, is the use of acrylics in the design also. There were parts such as the calip[ers that had to be heated just abit to beable to get them in. The flexibility was needed. The parts are tiny and required tweesers in my case. Fun and it won't be the last one either. I also made the one with the handsaw and the plane but not happy with the results and will be sending the other kits back. The problem was that the blank used was a dark colored wood and the saw handle and plane were lost in the blank. Hopefully that will get corrected because that too is a cool kit.

ctubbs

I wish, I WISH, I WWWWIIIIISSSSSHHHHHH! Darn, it didn't work. That beautiful pen did not magiclly appear. Gosh, guess I'll just have to wait. John, how do you do it? You jsut keep on posting such georgous (sp) things. Keep up the good work.
Charles

Top Bottom