The Three Amigos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDTurner

SDTurner

What do you guys think of the three brushes? They all use same 24mm synthetic Maggard knot. I was playing with the shapes to see what is the right size and comfortable in hand.

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 196
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

I think your brushes are nice. I particularly like the first group for their shape. I think group two and three have ends that have ends that are a little too severe for my taste. Group one would look nice hanging upside down which they should if they are to be used. What are Maggard knots? Where did you get them and how do they compare with a good badger knot?

Rockytime

Rockytime, it's three different pictures of the same brushes.
Len

My old eyes must be tired. The first photo appears to me to be different than the next two. I"m just looking at the bottoms of the handles. Still wondering what your bristles are and where they are available.

Rockytime

Rockytime, it's three different pictures of the same brushes.
Len

My old eyes must be tired. The first photo appears to me to be different than the next two. I guess the reflection makes it appear that way. I"m just looking at the bottoms of the handles. Still wondering what your bristles are and where they are available.

SDTurner

They are the same brushes in different light.

The bristles are the amazingly cheap <$7 synthetic fibers that I got from Maggard Maggard Razors 24mm Synthetic Shaving Brush Knot Only | Maggard Razors - Straight Razor Restoration, Custom Scales and Wet Shaving Products

They have the same softness as a traditional silvertip badger with a good backbone. They lather up really nice with face and bowl lathering and dry within a few hours and no need to soak them in water prior to shaving. These knots are pretty much same as the famous Plisson synthetic style knots with better backbone.

Top Bottom