The third Prism FX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

Kudos to Bob Sherlock for getting the most amazing pics of the new Prism FX that I've seen.

Here are his comments:

The blank turned very easily and ribbons came off quickly and easily. I matched it to a Jr Gent. II in Rhoidum. I think the silver of the Prism FX blank goes very well with the rhodium of the components. The shimmer of the blank was hard to capture but there is a definite rainbow effect in many portions of the pen.

Two concerns I have about the blank. The first is the seam is visible and distracting. One of the edges peeled up slightly as well. My second concern were the spots on the blank that looked like large water spots. It looks as if the material is coming up from the tube. This gave an interesting effect to the shimmer of the pen but I think the pen would have benefited from the lack of them as there would be a more of a consistent rainbow effect and many would see this as a defect, making it difficult to sell.

I regret using a darker background (I thought it would look better than a white). I you would like me to re-shoot them using a ?? color, I will.

Thank you for the opportunity to try one of your blanks. Once the kinks are worked out they will be a great seller!

On his first concern, I'm working on the seam trying to minimize it as much as possible. the material wants to peel up during the casting, so I'm trying several things to hold it in place. The biggest problem areas now are right at the ends of the tubes. One the second, I think this is just the pattern in the material. It has some "neutral" areas (seen in the pics) that don't show the prism effect, that is normal for the pattern.

Again, Thanks to Bob for being a guinea pig and turning one of these and giving permission to post his comments. I'll keep working at them.

Mike

Attachments

• 1-IMG_4576.jpg
    1-IMG_4576.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 2-IMG_4578.jpg
    2-IMG_4578.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 225
  • 3-IMG_4571.jpg
    3-IMG_4571.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 6-IMG_4570.jpg