The simple things you can learn...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
We have started a new wood turning club here in southeast Arkansas! At our meeting last week, I was commenting on the fact that I had bought a new Cross Brand refill for my carry pen, & found that after retracting it, the end of "nib" was still protruding...another experienced turned said, "just adjust or mash the threaded black end down onto the barrell of the ink cartridge a little bit & screw it back in"! I have only been turning pens for a couple of years now & you would have think that I would have known that, or found that trick out by accident by now! lol Has anyone else ran in to this problem before?:rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Not clear on what "mash" means in this context ! .... I thought the threaded black back end was firmly fixed to the refill tube.

Refill tube..

When I originally made this pen, the ink cartridge fit as it was supposed to, with the transmission inserted the proper depth according to the instructions! The problem came when it was time to change to a new ink cartridge! The new "Cross" brand refill stuck out further than the old ink cartridge, so that is when we discovered that the black plastic threaded ends on the refill cartridges would slide up & down.. Oh, about mash, Push or pull would be better the better verbs....lol.

Not clear on what "mash" means in this context ! .... I thought the threaded black back end was firmly fixed to the refill tube.

Top Bottom