The Match the Shop Contest!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
(This event is hosted by GoodTurns)

Match The Shop!

On February 5th, photos showing several members' shops and the names of the shop owners will be posted. Your job, match the shop to its owner. This contest will run for one week, starting on the 5th.
Each correct match is worth FIVE points.
Deadline for entries is February 11th, NOON (EST).

There is one MYSTERY SHOP added this year…you need to provide the name of the owner!

As with all contests, entrants are subject to the Universal rules!

Prizes will be awarded to the top point scorers, tiebreaker is time of submission recorded on the email.

First.....Burls/acrylic blanks from Displaced Canadian and Glues from Satellite City instant glues value $40
Second...Gift Certificate from Lee Valley value $50 and box of blanks from edohmann
Third....Glues from Satellite City instant glues value $40 and 16 oz casting kit from Allumilite value $20

HOW TO PLAY:
Send your answers to SHOPSHOTS@YAHOO.COM with your IAP NAME and SHOP ENTRY in the subject line (mine would read GOODTURNS SHOP ENTRY, but I don't get to play).
List the Shop Numbers and the member names in your message (see example in PDF with pictures)

Thanks for playing!!!!

Last edited:

GoodTurns

Match the Shop now open!

Sorry for the delay (office computer decided 10 years was enough, didn't want to play anymore!) I have adjusted the closing date to allow a full week! New closing date is Friday the 18th at noon EST.

Thanks
Jon

Attachments

• master.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 452

Charlie_W

Jon, if we entered a shop pic, are we allowed to play or not? How many entries May one member submit?

Glad you have a happy computer now!

THarvey

Sorry for the delay (office computer decided 10 years was enough, didn't want to play anymore!) I have adjusted the closing date to allow a full week! New closing date is Friday the 18th at noon EST.

Thanks
Jon

The 18th is not Friday, it is a Tuesday. Did you mean Friday the 14th or Tuesday the 18th?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mine's in too - probably too late to win a prize (assuming I got them all right), but it was fun trying to figure them out.

I'd have gotten my finished sooner if my boss hadn't insisted that I do some productive work today.

Haynie

Honestly I don't know any. But, you folks make some HUGE pens. How do you get around with them just sort of hanging there in mid air?

GoodTurns

Well, apparently I have to come up with something more challenging for next year! Three of the first four entries submitted had all of the shops correct, including the Mystery Shop.

The big winners:

1st: lyonsacc , Dave Lyons: Burls/acrylic blanks from Displaced Canadian and Glues fromSatellite City instant glues value $40

2nd: walshjp17, John Walsh: Gift Certificate from Lee Valley value $50 and box of blanks from edohmann

3rd Mason Kuettel: Glues from Satellite City instant glues value $40 and 16 oz casting kit from Alumilite value $20

Random.org offered up the magic number 15 for the added random drawing, the 15th entry received was from Mike Powell, congrats!

Mike, Please forward me your mailing info and your choice of 1) a box of blanks or 2) a couple nice blanks….quantity or quality…the choice is yours!

ManyThanks to all who submitted pictures of their shops…I believe the variety shows that beautiful pens can come from a lathe on a bench or a mad scientist's lab…the end results can all be fantastic!

The correct listing:
1 Gimpy's
2 Wooden_Pen_Turner_11
3 Tellico Turnings
4 Edohmann
5 Robert Sherlock
6 OLDMAN5050
7 Charlie_W
8 sschering
9 Alan Kulwicki7
10 Skiprat (Mystery Shop)
11 Bob Wemm

Thanks to all for playing!

Last edited:

Mike Powell

Ill put money on I didnt get one of them right! But a box of blanks it is for me... Thanks GoodTurns.

PM has been sent with the info requested.

If I could ask a huge favor, I still have a couple of months before I get home, could you mark what the blanks are please?

walshjp17

Jon,

Thanks for running this contest. Sending PM to all who need my address.

Once again, well done and thanks to you and those who donated prizes -- Ed Dohmann & Lee Valley. Woo-hoo!!:biggrin::biggrin:

jpw

Mason Kuettel

Thanks for running this contest! I didn't have time to do this last year, but being iced in for a spell gave me the opportunity this year and I liked getting to do a little investigating. Guess it paid off! Thanks again!

Top Bottom