The lowly birch and cottonwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DwightE

DwightE

Just got back on the lathe last week to crank out a few pens. Was nice to see how some of them turned out.

20231229_205032.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Very nice! Those do not look like lowly woods at all with what you've done there. Did you dye/stabilize them yourself? What kit is that in the middle?

DwightE

Very nice! Those do not look like lowly woods at all with what you've done there. Did you dye/stabilize them yourself? What kit is that in the middle?
kit in the middle is the Berea shop pencil. And yes I dyed and stabilized them myself. Want to buy some?

Last edited:

DwightE

Very nice group ! , Now I`m guessing , 2 ,4 ,6 & 8 from the left are cottonwood ?
1 and 2 are cottonwood Smittys Caballero---3and 4 arebirch Caballero---5-9 berea woodworker pencil birch--10 cotton wood pencil---11Cottonwood JR Harold rollerball---12 birch burl JR---130green Cotton wood Diamon Knurl Roller ball---14 Birch burl Diamond Knurl

DwightE

Just got back on the lathe last week to crank out a few pens. Was nice to see how some of them turned out.

View attachment 365962
1 and 2 are cottonwood Smittys Caballero---3and 4 arebirch Caballero---5-9 berea woodworker pencil birch--10 cotton wood pencil---11Cottonwood JR Harold rollerball---12 birch burl JR---130green Cotton wood Diamon Knurl Roller ball---14 Birch burl Diamond Knurl

derekdd

Thanks. I was kinda referring tho the fact that we have some nice woods here that are quite common. One does not have to go to South America!
I totally get it.

I bought some dyed blanks from you last May and they have made some beautiful pens. Very easy to turn, also.

Top Bottom